Jim Irsay is the owner and CEO of the Indianapolis Colts, which he inherited from his father Robert Irsay in 1997. The 53 year old currently resides in Carmel, Indiana and has an estimated net worth is $1.4 billion. As the Colts prepared for the open their 2012 season with their #1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck this summer, Mr. Irsay was busy on Twitter blasting out random thoughts and song lyrics. He is one of best follows in the Twitter world when it comes to NFL management, as he says some funny, intriguing and kooky stuff between the normal NFL related notes. Here is a list of Irsay’s top 12 tweets of the summer, with some Beer Mug commentary.
1. Since he can afford an assistant to do these tasks, it's awesome that he is adding to the work force with unemployment so high. Apparently, this is a knock on Jerry Jones and his actions from Wednesday evening.
2. Tarzan was an ape man. no? Scoop away my man. Believe it or not this is from a Crash Test Dummies Song called "Superman's Song."
3. First, I thought that Irsay had real hip hop skills, probably because he was born in Brooklyn; and I could see Kanye West stealing this line. But this tweet is quoting "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top.
4. Some more random song lyrics from the man. This guy quotes more songs than a group of old ladies on Facebook.
5. This is something only a person that's worth $1,400,000,000 ponders. Not having the fountain of youth =Billionaire problems.
6. He must have had a bad evening in the sack.
7. Bob Dillion in the house. Irsay hitting all the classics.
8. This is a lyric from a song named "Marie," still funny, I suppose.
9. Time travel? Call Marty McFly and Doc Brown.
10. Suffragette City is a David Bowie song, one that my great great aunt used to sing.
11. This is from an Eddie Money Song, but could be misconstrued for a Mexican drug cartel tweet. Olay!
12. The one seems like it was tweeted by a 5 year old girl. Chase those rainbows my man.
I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the fall tweets!